|Retrieved from Wikipedia.org|
Parts of a Spur Gear
- Diametral Pitch - The number of teeth per one inch of pitch circle diameter.
- Module - The length of the pitch circle diameter per tooth.
- Circular Pitch - The distance between adjacent teeth measured along the pitch circle diameter.
- Addendum - The height of the tooth above the pitch circle diameter.
- Center Distance - The distance between the axes of two gears in mesh.
- Circular Tooth Thickness - The width of a tooth measured along the pitch circle diameter.
- Dedendum - The depth of the tooth below the pitch circle diameter.
- Outside Diameter - The outside diameter of the gear.
- Base Circle Diameter - The diameter on which the involute teeth profile is based.
- Pitch Circle Diameter - The diameter of the pitch circle
- Pitch Point - The point at which the pitch circle diameter line and the rear face of the rack.
- Pressure Angle - The angle between the tooth profile at the pitch circle diameter and a radial line passing through the same point.
- Whole Depth - The total depth of the space between adjacent teeth.
|A close up of two spur gears in mesh|